Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just some stuff

I don't think I have a ton of people reading this. But it sure is fun to type away! I enjoy going in and reading other people blogs. I guess it is my way of trying to stay in touch. I guess I should just get on the phone... but I don't do that much either (really I don't)

This weekend, we have a wedding and birthday party to go to. So that will be fun. I don't think I will share any pictures until I get a release form from them. If I do, I will try to share some.

Oh Mike has his new student enrollment this friday. So he will be at UNL for the whole day. So hopefully after that he will also have his classes in order! I can't believe he is about to start school, but I am excited for him. Change can be fun, but it also can be stressful. I am hoping the whole part if fun if I get to choose.

We are going to Vala's pumpkin patch again... 101.9 had a 1/2 deal last friday and I jump right on that. So on the 20th we are going in the morning. I hope to get better pictures of the girls. I think Mia will let me (I am going to take quarters to bribe her). She think a quart is a ton of money, so it works in my favor.

My new thing... making hair clips. here are some examples of what I did. These are my first ones and the pictures aren't the best but you get the idea.









This is Mia's (she claimed it and won't let her sister wear it)




For the most Mia also claimed this one (she has to approve of it first)





Right now Maylee claimed this one



And this one..

I guess that is about it for now. If you want to know how to make the bows, ask I will send the link I used to make them. Or better yet... here they are:

This first one actually tells you how much ribbon is needed. So that is nice but it only shows you how to make basic bows -

http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/boutique_bow.html

This one has about 6 designs ( I got the clip one from here). It also tells you how much to a point. Both are really good learning tools.

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/free_projects.aspx

Have fun if you decide to make them!

5 comments:

katielovie said...

those are cute AND fun! nice job!

Joni Wiedrich said...

Cute bows! I haven't put bows in my girls hair in a long time. I still have all of them that were made at my shower for Maggie...I'm just too lazy now I guess! :)

Deb said...

So cute!

Tarver Family said...

Bows and clips are always fun! The girls keep telling me to make more lol.

Breanna said...

I LOVE reading your blog, to tell you the truth yours is always the first one i check :) sounds like things are going well for you guys, changes are scarey but usually a good thing. Your bows are soo cute, we should get together and have a bow making party :) talk to you soon