Friday, October 5, 2007

Fun Friday

So today I am watching a little girl (3) that used to go to daycare with the girls. They think it is great when there is somebody over. Last friday I watch Evelyn (my cousins kid) and so I guess it is becoming a friday thing. So if I get a call and somebody wants to bring their kid (or I guess I could take more than one) over next friday, more power to you! The girls will show them everything and more. Mia thinks that she is in charge though... so I have to get her out of that mode.

Or maybe better yet, anybody want my kids next friday? maybe I could go and find something fun to do :) I really think it is fun though for the girls to have somebody over in their enviroment and play. I finishes off the week that is for sure!

Everybody have a wonderful weekend!!

I am off to go to a bridal shower tonight. I am helping with the games... want to know which ones.. ok I will tell you.

First off I am going to quiz the bride and ask questions about the groom (this is mostly for fun but you can do prizes, have everybody else guess how many the bride will get right and the closes wins). Obviously you call the groom and ask him the questions.

The questions: You can always add or take away to make it more fun for the person
1. What was his favorite pet?
2. What is his favorite meal?
3. what is his favorite dessert?
4. When he was little did he suck his thumb?
5. What his is favorite music group?
6. At what point did he tell his mom about the bride?
7. Has he ever bounced a check?
8. What would he say is the brides favorite flower?
9. Does he snore?
10. In high school what was his favorite hang out location?
11. Does he want your first child to be a boy or girl?
12. Does he squeeze the toothpaste form the bottom or middle?
13. Does he put the toliet seat down?
14. Has he ever kept a journal? if so anything fun from the past
15. How many contacts are on his cell phone?
16. If he could go on vacation where would he go?
17. If the groom was a superhero, who would he be?
18. Where did the bride and groom go on their first date?
19. What animal would the groom compare the bride too?
20. What is his favorite color?
21. What is his favorite number?

yes it is fun to have an odd number!

and the second game is a matching game.. you make the match and you get the candy bar that goes with it. I made two of each of the cards with the saying and then they get the candybar that goes with it. Here are the ones I am doing... but you can always get creative and add more.
Butterfingers = First Date Interactions
Hugs= Warm Embraces
Pay Day= Wedding Ring Purchase Date
Twix= Bachelor party Pranks
Mounds= gifts
Hot Tamales= Bride
Big Hunk= The Groom
Sweet Tarts= bride and groom
Nerds= in-laws
lifesavers= the parents
sugar daddy= father of the bride
100 grand- reception
kisses= what reception guests clink glasses for
fast break= leaving the reception
skor= honeymoon night
baby ruth= 9 months after the honeymoon
zero= post-wedding bank accounts
rocky road= the first year

That is it for that! Enjoy... and like games they can be used for baby showers too. If you are interested in the candy bar matching for baby showers... let me know I have that too.

Once again have a great weekend!

3 comments:

katielovie said...

did we play the second one @ my sissy's reception.??

Tarver Family said...

If you did, I don't remember. It is alot of fun either way!

Joni Wiedrich said...

Those are good ideas. I have to start planning a shower for Rach, so thanks for the ideas!