Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkins

I decided to get ahead of our game and get pumpkins. We decided (just like in the past) to leave them on the front porch until we actually carved them. Yesterday I look out my door and see a squirrel sitting on one, I thought it was so cute. I told everybody in the house to come and check it out... until I realized it was feasting on my pumpkins.... so I instead ran out the door to get it off... it took a chuck out of each of them... pictures to come.

So my question... does anybody has this problem? If so what do you do so they don't eat them?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Marcia,
We had this problem last year. I have absolutely no solution for you, sorry. We carved one and watched the squirrels eat the others. It was actually quite interesting to have my girls see them eaten and watch the squirrels eat a hole and then climb in and eat the seeds. I don't remember how many times I walked onto the porch to see a squirrel jump out of a pumpkin!
This year we are delaying buying them until the last moment.
:-(

Sarah Haws

Tarver Family said...

Thanks Sarah! I did finally go to the internet and it gave a few suggestions but I have to look them up again before putting the pumpkins back out. When we lived in Ceresco we never had this problem... those squirrels in lincoln must enjoy it more :)

Maybe I should look at it more positive so the girls can watch them... but it still frustrated me.